WHAT HAPPENS NOW AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
We are pleased to announce that the Emsworth Forum has formally submitted the revised Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan to Havant Borough Council. This version takes into account many of the helpful responses we received from residents, community groups, businesses, land owners, developers and statutory consultees during the public consultation we undertook in December 2017.
Emsworth has, as a community, created the Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan because we wanted to make sure that any future development would not damage the social, economic and environmental sustainability of Emsworth. This Neighbourhood Plan will become part of the statutory planning guidance for the town that must be taken into account in decisions on planning applications.
Some of the highlights of the revised Neighbourhood Plan are:
- Protection of green spaces such as the Horses Field and the Ems Valley corridor that are so valued by local people and important to our environment
- An ambitious affordable homes target of 40% for all developments over 10 units. This was recommended by the government appointed planning consultants Aecom in the Emsworth Housing Needs Assessment and will help make sure there will be more affordable housing for local young people.
- The designation of a Community and Public Service Hub in the town centre including protection of the Emsworth Victoria Cottage Hospital for health or community use. We were pleased that this has also been also reflected in the Council’s emerging Local Plan
- Thanks to the support of the ERA we have been able to incorporate the Emsworth Design Statement into the Plan thereby creating more robust design policies that will protect Emsworth’s special character
- Innovative proposals to improve traffic flow and conditions for pedestrians and cyclists throughout the town and in particular along the A259, high street and town centre
- Numerous exciting projects that will enhance and improve Emsworth for residents, businesses and visitors alike
The plan is now proceeding to the next stages in the regulatory process:
- 6 week Public Consultation from 26 April 2019 to 7 June 2019.
This is Havant Borough Council’s responsibility to organise. All the relevant Documents can be viewed at the following locations:
- The Council’s website at havant.gov.uk, search Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan or follow this link
- The Forum website here:
- The Council’s offices at Public Service Plaza, Civic Centre Road, Havant, PO9 2AX
- Emsworth Library at 23 High Street, Emsworth, PO10 7AQ
If you support the Neighbourhood Plan please respond to the consultation. If you would like to make any comments on the revised plan they must be received before the end of the consultation period (7th June 2019), and must be made in writing to email@example.com or to Planning Policy, Havant Borough Council, Public Service Plaza, Civic Centre Road, Havant, PO9 2AX. Please do not send your comments to the Forum.
- Public Examination. Following the consultation, the responses are presented to a Government Planning Examiner and a public examination will take place. We will let you know more about the details of this when it has been arranged so you can make representations. The examiner will produce a report which may direct the Forum to make some changes to the revised Plan.
- Referendum. Once the Plan has been approved by the Examiner a referendum of all Emsworth electors will take place. We are aiming to have the referendum at the same time as the local elections in 2020.
It has taken a great deal of time and effort to get the Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan to this point. We could not have done it without the generous donation of time, services and finance by our volunteer Committee and the many residents and businesses in the Emsworth community. We are particularly grateful for the tremendous support we have had from the Emsworth Residents Association, the Emsworth Business Association, the Emsworth Community Association and our local Councillors. We hope that you share with us the enormous pride we feel at having produced this Plan. We could not have done it without your participation in all our public events and consultations.
This is your Neighbourhood Plan. We hope you will give it your support.
Thank you to you all for your involvement and support of this process. We could not have done it without you!
All the Emsworth Forum’s work is managed by a brilliant team of local volunteers with donations of time and resources from local businesses and residents. We are very grateful for all their generous support. We only pay for goods and services that we cannot source for free.
In order to complete the final stages of the Emsworth Neighbourhood Plan we will need more funds to pay for unavoidable costs like insurance, room hire, website licences etc
If you can give us a donation please send a cheque to Jan Morgan, Treasurer, Emsworth Forum, c/o Emsworth Community Association, North Street, Emsworth PO10 7DD. Or you can make a direct credit to our bank account: sort code 77-25- 11, a/c no 32274260